06 April 2009

work : fun

After another ridiculous week at BRB (Blue Ridge Biofuels) I realized my work to fun ratio has been leaning far to heavily towards the work side of the equation. For the past month or so my schedule has consisted of working at BRB from 9-5, and then coming home to do CAD drawings for Artful Shelter, or designing a house for our friend Ryan (I'll post more about it later).

I set about re-balancing the equation by dusting of my trials bike, thinking I'd finally go out and buy a new seat-post for it. But, before getting to the fun I had to finish raking out our load of compost, and build a bin for the new stuff. As I pushed the black soil around I noticed a nice red mound of dirt at the end of the garden, stuff that Scott had shoveled out from under the house and left there.

A lightbulb flashed above my head, I put down the rake, and shoved my bike to the top of the hill. The first run was a little rough on the garden bed, and the jump needed some reshaping. Within an hour or so I'd built up a couple of berms to protect the beds, and a nice little kicker right at the crest of the hill. I spent the rest of our 70+deg weekend hitting my sweet jump, and laying around in the hammock.


It's supposed to snow tonight...

1 comments:

Susan Sawyer said...

So green beyond the beds (and jump) --
we're envious.