03 July 2008

I'M IN THE SIIIIINK!


I'M IN THE SIIIIINK!
Originally uploaded by average lavender

Boy is adapting well to being on "vacation". After moving out we heard from our ex-landlord that we hadn't cleaned well enough to which I had a long rant of seriously pissed off responses, like, "It's not my fault that you didn't allow a day in between us moving out and the new tenant moving in to really clean and paint the place - which is your responsibility as a landlord." In the end and after a conversation that repeated itself at least five times, she said she'd have someone else go back and clean it - and take $30 out of our deposit. It's not that much, I know, but it's really the principle. When we tried to tell her we were moving out she didn't get the message because she was on vacation in Mexico.

We've decided to leave Tuesday afternoon, which means we'll be passing through southern California/Arizona/New Mexico hopefully at night. Our car is reliable, comfortable, beautiful, but lacks that new-fangled air conditioning. I think each of us has our own plan regarding how far we'll actually drive the first day, and I'm really hoping to make it to Albuquerque, NM - an easy 16 hour drive. After a night of rest in hopefully some great, cheap, pet-friendly place we'll truck along another 11 hours to Garland, TX where we get to stop and see my aunt, uncle, and cousins! The next leg will be a cool 15 hours to Asheville and our adorable little house. I mean, ideally.

4 comments:

Kim Greaves said...

Did you have a great 4th? Happy 5th!. Here in Greensboro we are a bit Funky (the Funky Fourth.....) So, today the parade. I love the picture. What a mouth! Love, Mom

Susan Sawyer said...

I like Motel 6. At least the one I stayed at in Leominster (training summer camp staff in Bolton)last week was great -- quiet midweek, really easy to find and cheap as anything is these days. We could hear a dog barking, there's not a no-pet rule.

Have a great trip!

"osurmv"

Susan Sawyer said...

Forgot to say, check out Bryan Mumford's pictures & movies of the fire 5 miles north of their place...wow.

bryanmumford.com

wdrit...

Susan Sawyer said...

oops,it's bmumford.com, and the fire pictures aren't available just by going to the website. I'll email you the link...

bjaxos! that's a good one...