26 February 2009

It's Thursday.

Whenever I talk to my parents they remind me that some people actually read this blog.  


Most of the big work on the house is complete and by Saturday night we should have all the kitchen appliances installed and running.  Cereal and sandwiches have been our staple meals this past week.  The tiny cooler from my childhood (the one with the teal green top that my brother wrote my mom's name and our phone number on that's big enough to hold a six-pack of cans) has been chilling our half and half, sandwich meat, and cheese.  The stock pot with one handle we got from a yard sale (or Goodwill, I can't remember) filled with ice has been chilling our milk and mayo.  The lettuce is on its own.  

We're sleeping on our real mattress again and have even unpacked our clothes.  The clothes that aren't in desperate need of washing (those are properly piled in a corner) are becoming rarer and rarer - there are rumors the plumber is hooking up the washing machine tomorrow.  (Honestly, this plumber: unimpressive.)  There're shower curtains around the tub and after several afternoons of hunting and pawing I found a sizable cotton bathmat at a reasonable price.  

Our office got it's first coat of paint, lemon pound cake, and man - it is IN-TENSE.  It's like walking into a glowing lemon.  I finished the first coat at night and as I stood in the blue bathroom and looked through the office to the red dining room I knew the yellow was a mistake.  It felt really...primary.  It's been yellow for about a week and I still don't like it, some people thought the color would "settle down" or we would "adjust" but they were obviously and instantly wrong.  The color we're pretty sure we're switching to is a grayish tan called Haze.  I'm going to do a little more scouting around for a similiar color with a different name, I'm not so down with "haze".   It doesn't sound like a very productive office.  

There'll be some pictures soon, maybe even as early as tonight. Maybe.

3 comments:

Dyani said...

Food stuffs never seem to go that well on the walls... Too bad the yellow didn't work out!

I'm thinking plumberly motivational thoughts towards you...=)

Kim Greaves said...

Yeah! Maybe a light yellow chiffon would be lovely! Add some white curtains, and you will have a lemon pie. Can't wait to see the pictures, Jen. No avacado green? Love, Mommmm

Susan Sawyer said...

red, yellow, blue -- you're right, that would be a bother. And you don't need the office color screaming at you. Glad to read a new post on progress!

We got a little cat, a one year old former stray. She'll be a bit of work, but she's really cute! I'll send pix as soon as I can get a decent one.