16 January 2009

Fauxskine


Fauxskine
Originally uploaded by average lavender

I don't usually use any of the blank books I make, it's akin to not really eating after making a gigantic meal. There's something in the effort that says, "this is for other people." I haven't been able to find a new sketchbook since coming to Asheville so I decided to try and make something for myself. After a lot of debate, laziness, and "meh"ing I whipped up: the Fauxskine. What makes it not a Moleskine is it's lack of page marker, lack of pocket in the back, cloth cover instead of leathery cover, and it's got grommets.

4 comments:

Susan Sawyer said...

Nice book. what's the paper?

Kim Greaves said...

Did you find some great paper when you got back Jen? Looks great.

Jenne said...

The paper is..."Borden & Riley #234 Bleedproof paper for pens" It's archival, extremely smooth, and 108lb, which is a pretty great weight.

I didn't find an great paper, but I did find a few stray sheets leftover from various drawing classes. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but better than nothing!

Dyani said...

Oooo, grommets. =) Looks pretty kick-ass to me! I also really like the name...