14 December 2008

Have I told you lately


Piggy popover
Originally uploaded by average lavender

...that I love breakfast? It is, by far, my favorite meal of the day. I'm not keen on pancakes (but have come to terms with cornmeal pancakes), but adore waffles. I don't want whipped cream or piles of strawberries, in fact, I don't even really want that fruit cup. I don't want powdered sugar or blueberry pancake syrup. I want bacon and butter, I want a savory breakfast. Sweets have a place in the day: dessert., or even snack. My absolute favorite breakfast food is a popover - four popovers, to be precise. They're so simple! So amazingly delicious! Eggs, milk, flour, salt. Seriously, that's it! I devour them with butter, my mom prefers them with peanut butter and jam.

3 comments:

Kim Greaves said...

Coincidently, popovers were breakfast this morning. Yup, pb and j for me, butter for Dad. Can't wait to see you.Love you. Mom

Dyani said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmm... popovers. I haven't had those in a while. They're so yummy! I'm all with you on the no-sweets-for-breakfast thing... but then again I have some weird breakfast issues anyhow... so! Popovers. yes.

Also: I keep meaning to call you! I'll get around to it. I want to know when you're driving north in case you might just want to make a stop over in Connecticut while C-dogg and I are there....=) I will get on the phone (or the email soon). I promise. =)

Lynne said...

Your grandpa used to make the best popovers ever. Your mom and I would devour them - mine with butter and peanut butter.
Love,
Aunt Lynne
P. S. I'll be mailing your Christmas present this week - be on the lookout!