15 May 2009

A new beginning

When I decided to name my little book business "A Little Forgery" it was clearly not a keeper - we were getting ready to do the Big Crafty and I needed something to call it.  Few people actually get "forgery" as in "copy", which is fine because it's a bit of stretch and a bit of a mouthful.  Therefore, I've renamed it Bissy Bindery.  I know, "what's the 'bissy' all about?"  Bissy is a word that Liz introduced me to, it's a neat cross of bitch and sissy, and more and more I find I really identify with it.  Sometimes we also use it to refer to our car.  Here in Asheville you can find my earrings and mini books at the Flood Gallery shop in the Phil Mechanic Building and at Short Street Cakes.  Out there in the rest of the world you can find some things at the new Bissy Bindery Etsy shop!




I've put up a picture of our corn and beans on Flickr - any idea what's eating them, moms?  Any suggestions on how to stop it?

3 comments:

Kim Greaves said...

I am canvassing the area of knowledgeable gardeners today, Jen. We will solve this nasty bug problem! My apple trees that you gave me are going to have blossoms this year! I will send pictures! Love, Mommmm

Susan Sawyer said...

Hi --
I sure don't know!
If Kim doesn't find out and you continue being puzzled, why don't you see if there's a UNC extension service garden help person -- bet there is. It might be some indigenous North Carolina garden-eating pest...

also, you might try sneaking out back with a flashlight, because it might be a nocturnal corn and bean eating something or other.

Toads started here on Friday night. It's summer!

Susan Sawyer said...

Are grasshoppers a possibility?
It does look a bit like their work. And they wouldn't hang around after they did it, either.

and I sure don't know any way to get rid of them, but they won't kill the plants.