04 May 2008

stimulate this, economy.

$5.15 per gallon of biodiesel!? Fortunately, our [least] favorite president has come to our aid! (in the form of $600). In an effort to do our part in saving the economy, we've decided to stop paying for fuel all together. I ordered a veggie oil conversion kit! (plus a couple of upgrades, all tax free over the internet, naturally). We still have to find a source for used oil. A minor hurdle. We're on pretty good terms with Chef Tony. And there are well over a dozen other places nearby... come to think of it, our landlady owns a taqueria.

In other economical/automotive news, the cv joints were completely shot and the mechanic quoted me $1300 to replace them. ack. I found full axle assemblies for $189 each, and some very thorough instructions. I think it was one of the smoother car fixings I've performed. All that practice on the Rabbit has paid off.

I'm still working on that fancy railing. I think I've had about enough of doing silly work for silly rich people. The rail's pretty cool, but that's all it is. I'd like to be using my time for something at least a little more meaningful...

0 comments: